Your Company Communication Should Be The Last Thing Holding Your Brand BackAugust 18, 2022
Whether you work in business or own your own brand, you know how important communication can be. It can help with everything from making better business decisions to building camaraderie amongst team members; and while all types of company communication are important for business success, good cross-departmental communication is what truly creates a culture capable of separating brands from their competition. This is why it’s important to do what you can to improve your cross-departmental communication skills and make sure you have the best methods in place for conducting communication within your company.
Here are five of the biggest benefits of cross-departmental communication and how to improve it in your company or business:
The 5 Benefits Of Cross-Departmental Communication
- According to the Edelman “Trust Barometer” (a survey of 33,000 people in 28 countries), one in three people don’t trust their employer; however, when communication is open between departments, it can help build trust and respect between employees over time.
- Employees are able to gain a better understanding of the company as a whole, how their department fits in, and how they can make an impact.
- Existing employees get more involved and feel more appreciated when their opinions are valued. Research has even shown that when employees feel their voice is heard, they are 4.6 times more likely to feel empowered and perform at their best.
- Cross-departmental communication also leads to better insights and innovative solutions when more people are involved in decision-making. In fact, research shows that when teams of three or more people work to develop an idea, it has 156% more appeal to consumers than ideas that were developed by one or two people.
- Collaborative company cultures are more likely to retain existing employees while also attracting the top talent still searching for the right fit.
How To Improve Cross-Departmental Communication Within Your Company
In order to improve cross-departmental communication, you should begin by implementing inclusive communication tools that will allow your team to interact more often, even outside of the workplace. This will help to revitalize your company’s work environment, making it more cohesive. Additionally, you should make an effort to meet with other departments on a regular basis to discuss company goals and relevant news. By doing this, you will be able to ensure that everyone is on the same page and working towards the same objectives. You may also want to set up a way to track employee engagement in different areas of your business to ensure that each team member is communicating and involved in their own way.
If you are still struggling with how to communicate effectively between teams, try these three tips:
- Provide an open forum for ideas and feedback so people don’t feel like they need permission before speaking their minds. Too many brands today don’t know exactly what their employees want and this can easily be avoided by conducting company polls and surveys.
- Encourage employee connections. When your team gets along, employees are more likely to enjoy their work and view their jobs favorably.
- Use a system that makes communication simple. There is no need to over-complicate communication!
The Importance of Going All In To Enhance Your Company
When it comes to communication, going All In is essential for businesses. After all, clear and effective communication creates a successful company. Thankfully, with the use of technology, it’s easier than ever to keep everyone informed and involved with what’s happening in the workplace.
Click here to learn more about how the All In App enhances company cultures and interpersonal communication by providing everything you need and nothing that you don’t.